Over the years, we have adopted technology as an essential part of our lives and have gradually become highly dependent on it. Imagine a day without your smartphones! The apps in your device have become the solution to various daily chores such as food, shopping, banking or finance. We have dedicated apps for each of these functions. With users getting used to certain functions in the apps they use daily, apps now are not just enough to work, but it has to be reliable, secure and user-friendly.
If you have an idea to develop an app, there are many developmental options that you need to consider before proceeding further, it’s called the mobile app planning and one such is, are you going for an Hybrid App or a Cross-Platform app development?
This is not an easy choice. So, if you are in a dilemma and want to figure out what’s best for you, let’s figure out.
What is a Hybrid App?
Hence the hybrid apps do not perform through the browser, much like Web apps. It uses plugins and APIs to access your mobile device.
What are the advantages of developing a Hybrid app?
- Low cost, easy development– The Hybrid framework app potentially saves the expense of creating various versions of the same app for multiple platforms. It allows developers to maintain a single code base for various platforms eventually saving time and money. Another developmental advantage of hybrid apps is, developers can just make a prototype like MVP and launch in the market before introducing the app, just to create a stir and challenge the competitors.
- Native feel with a simple backend– The base of the popularity of any app is its user-friendly interface and excellent UI/UX. Hybrid apps provide a native UX experience parallelly with a simple backend to support. Its UX gives a smooth fluid native base even with continuous moderations happening in the backend. A quality absent in some other developmental options.
- High-speed– Since a Hybrid app does not use a browser, its performance is unaffected even with bad network connections which are usually found in web solutions. In terms of speed and performance, a Hybrid app works smoothly even during heavy traffic that collapses most of the web-based solutions. It runs quickly and has a bare minimum lagging percentage.
- Offline Support– Developing a Hybrid app is essential if you have a target audience that is in need of frequent offline support. These apps provide the best offline support and even keep your users connected to at least some features within the app to suffice during bad network connections. It even allows storing some data offline with the help of APIs.
- Flexibility to add creative ideas– An Hybrid app is the best option if you are looking for implementing creative ideas. While web applications do not compliment the device’s operating system, hybrid systems are meant for adopting the functionalities of the operating system of the device. Developers can take liberty to plan their code accordingly.
What is a Cross-Platform App?
What are the advantages of developing a Cross-Platform App?
- Cost-effective– Having a single code base, it provides cost-effectiveness of re-writing codes for various platforms from time to time. The developmental cost comes down to a single type code development for all, having translated into various programming languages as per necessity. There is no need to invest in developing multiple apps for multiple platforms.
- Access Plugins– Cross-Platform apps have the added advantage of easy access to plug-ins. Plug-ins help to make development fluid and changes on requirement. APIs can be used to make developmental modifications and changes easily. Since, having a single code base, cross-platform app development is viable as it can sync various platforms and make necessary changes. So, an update made on a single platform is updated on others as well.
- Reusable codes– It completely eliminates the time consumption that is utilized to write codes individually. Reusable code provides an upper hand as it does not require repeated development. Software developments are based on one standard code that can be attested for benefit.
- Uniformity– One prominent advantage would be maintaining uniformity among multiple platforms. User experience must be balanced across these trajectories and inefficiency in maintaining those would mean unproductive results. Cross-platform app development is preferred as it negates the possibility of any such hindrance.
- Quicker development time– An undeniable benefit of having a single scripting feature is quick development. The solution/product reaches the market on time and consumer satisfaction is achieved. As soon as the marketing is over and the product reaches the market, the idea of the next product or the modification model can be built upon the feedback. Everything happens at a quick pace.
These are the advantageous differences between Hybrid App development and Cross-Platform App development. They both have their own advantage and you can choose one depending upon your requirement. As mentioned above, concerning the fact that native apps are no more compatible to fulfil the market needs, it is these two that could be your options. Juego Studio is the best Mobile App development company that can assist with your idea. Consult with the best development team and know the market requirements. If you still are confused, these featured articles Know the importance of Cross-Platform App Development and How Hybrid App development is a good choice for enterprises could help you see things clearly.