The frequent changes in gaming trends have pushed the developers to an edge for developing creative concepts and implementing new ideas. Best features, extraordinary gameplay, stunning visuals and animation had been the basic requirement for games until the next great news that set foot in the gaming industry, the Open World Games, based on the impression of embracing freedom.
What are Open World Games?
This is a new genre of game that brings down the structured gameplay. It grants the user the freedom to explore the virtual world and is provided with the privilege of utilising his/her time to approach various objectives. It is a setting that evokes compelling emotions of ‘Free Roam’ and advances through non-linear gameplay. Though we still don’t know what exactly caused the reason to create a game that does not follow the basic norms of the usual and when was the first Open World Game created. It is considered to be Jet Rocket launched by SEGA in August 1970. However, only in 2001, a standard was set for Open World Gaming with the launch of Grand Theft Auto III.
What are some of the best Open World Games?
It can be intimidating to choose the best from the great variety of OWG games. You can choose from this list that provides the best of the Open World Games but we can still say these mentioned below are the grandest to enter the gaming market.
- The Division 2– An action third-person shooter game published by Ubisoft on 7th February 2019, this game has gathered some popularity because of its realistic campaign missions, open world size activities and many more.
- Borderlands 3– A little more recent launch than the previous Division 2, Borderlands 3 was launched on 13 September 2019 by 2K Games. This first-person shooter game promises a newer skill set system with the feature to customize a character’s abilities in various play styles.
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt– Released on May 19, 2015, this action role-playing game developed and published by CD Projekt. With a gripping storyline and stunning visuals, it definitely appeals to create a fantasy universe for you.
Open World Game through the lens of Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality has always been a significant boon to the gaming market. With its acknowledged potential to completely change how we play and how games evolve, the future seems bright on this side of the industry. According to an article by Fortune Business Insights, “The global Virtual Reality in Gaming and Entertainment market size was USD 4.15 Billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 70.57 Billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 40.1% during the forecast period”. VR as optical advances is enabling humans to look differently, starting from the entertainment sphere.
So, the convergence of Virtual Reality and Open World Games was the most anticipated union in the gaming world. The marriage of two greatest achievements of the industry where immersive environments and interactive worlds meet to create extraordinary developmental milestones.
Benefits of VR in Open World Games
Since VR is still an emerging concept and there are a lot of experiments and research contributing to its evolution, the Gaming industry is overwhelmed with the union. But what are its benefits for Open World Games?
- Immersive Experience– A complete indulgence of virtual reality into the gamer’s environment. Since Open World Games promotes exploration of digital construction, VR extends its boundaries to fulfill what more can follow. The dispersing horizons of gaming could be met with a 360 degree gaming experience. It can be a real treat to the players. The dense graphics and the impeccable sound effects only add to the feels that are created and enjoyed.
- Complete absorption of senses– VR and Open World gaming rather creates a new level of interaction between the player and their environment. These games, combining the advantage of both, would be known to offer absorption of your senses and conscious display of interacting surroundings in real-time. Elevating the assimilation of the reel and real, magnifying the boundaries of gaming.
- Newer Content– This union also opens doorways for newer content. The blend of various genres into creating one single game like roleplay, shooter, first-person perspective all into Virtual Reality. The upliftment of the monotone content into a different platform is the credibility of VR and Open World. It emphasizes the fact that there is a lot that can be done with these two, side by side.
- Marketing– As for business perspective too, the combination is great to reveal the marketing fronts. There are tons of Open World Game storylines that have been inspired to create Movies and VR only makes it better. Marketing companies are taking up these two as three-dimensional recourse to branding and advertising.
All these assure that Virtual Reality is making Open World Games more thrilling. It goes beyond the chained experience of the screen and the conventional. The introduction to the real like experience, as it tricks the brain into thinking actively. Resonating with the gameplay, it simply puts the fact that changes with setting, sinking the player into an unbelievable affair.
The possibility of new is exciting, so Juego Studios offers you just the best. We deal with all kinds of gaming and animation collaterals. Check out our Virtual Reality Portfolio and our reasoning with AR/VR in terms of dynamic industrial peripherals in this blog The top 5 VR and AR Trends of 2020 to gain insights on how to proceed with your idea of implementation. Turning inspiration into reality and more.